Android Marshmallow update first rolled out for the Nexus devices, later LG G4 devices received the official OTA update. And now finally this new update has started roll out for Verizon LG G4 users. With the new optimizations of Android Marshmallow and latest tweaks and customizations by LG, this update brings a better user experience.
Some top of the line features of Marshmallow update includes Doze mode which deliver the best stand by time for your device, App permissions which allows Android users to control app permissions on your device, Now on tap and many others. With this step-by-step guide you can easily install the newly released Marshmallow on your Verizon LG G4.
If your device Stock ROM is untouched means without any customizations like Rooting or flashing a custom recovery, then you can easily install the new Updates through Settings app by checking for the latest available Updates. But if your device hasn’t received the latest OTA update or customized version of the stock ROM is running or you have already installed any other custom ROM, then OTA update can’t be installed directly on your device. You have to flash the update by using the flashing tool mentioned in this guide.
- Verizon LG G4 VS986
- Windows based PC
- Firmware File (KDZ file)
- LG USB Device Drivers
Note: If you have some important data in your device then you can backup your personal data using the LG Bridge backup and restore software.
How to Install Android Marshmallow Update on Verizon LG G4 VS986
- First download the software LGUP from the requirements section above.
- Then install LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23 on your PC.
- After that install LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3 on your PC.
- Now from the requirements section above download the KDZ file for the Marshmallow update.
- We have also listed the LG USB Device driver link in the requirements section above, if LG USB Device Drivers is not installed on your PC you can download and install it through that link.
- Now connect your device to PC and double-click on the LGUP icon on your desktop to launch the LGUP software.
- Following are the steps to upgrade your device to Marshmallow without wiping your device info/data, so if you want to keep your data follow the steps below:
- Select the file path of downloaded KDZ file.
- Bin file should be ticked.
- And also make sure that Upgrade is clicked.
- Now hit the Start and wait for few minutes.
- Following are the steps to install Marshmallow update with a full wipe:
- Launch the LGUP application on your PC by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- Set the file path to point it to the Marshmallow KDZ file which you have already downloaded.
- Close the LGUP application.
- Launch the LGUP application again. Now the KDZ file should be already showing in the FILE PATH section.
- Select REFURBISH but make sure one thing that BIN file should be ticked.
- Hit the Start and wait for few minutes.
- Finally reboot the enjoy!
Now you can enjoy the latest Android release i.e. Marshmallow on your Verizon LG G4. Feel free to share your experience or if you have any other query leave them in the comment section below.