Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is a powerful device with a smart curved screen. This new design redefines the way to deliver information. Now you don’t need to go to your main screen to access apps, songs or alarms, etc. This smart curved screen around the side of display keeps your main screen free of clutter. The Note series was initially designed for the business class. Although the Edge didn’t capture the business class as Samsung had hoped but this powerhouse device is outclass in terms of performance and premium quality.
Here is a good news for all those users who own this powerful device. T-Mobile started rolling out its branded version of Marshmallow and if you’ve not received the OTA yet or already planned to make a clean install then here is a detailed guide for you. Installing the stock firmware will unroot, fix bugs and restore your device to factory status.
Stock firmware installation is easy but you’ve to be careful while applying the steps otherwise you may damage your device.
Before starting with this guide, there are some pre-requisites that need your attention.
Items you Need
- Install USB Drivers on PC. Download appropriate USB drivers for device from Here.
- Install Odin v3.11.1 on PC. You can find all the latest versions of Odin Here.
- Download the firmware file from here. N915TUVU2DPE3_N915TTMB2DPE3_TMB.zip
- Enable USB Debugging of device.
- Juice up the device to at least 70% battery level.
- Take a full backup of your device storage as a precaution.
If you’ve done with all that, then let’s get started!
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge
Following are the tested and verified steps to install the firmware. The procedure is quite simple, you can learn more about flashing stock firmware from Here.
1. We assume that you’ve installed the Odin on PC, now extract the firmware file and transfer it to Odin folder.
2. Connect the device in Download Mode.
Turn off your device >> Press & hold these keys altogether (Vol-Down + Home) and then press the Power key >> Release these 3 keys after 3-4 seconds.
3. You should see a warning message screen.
Press the Vol-Up key and it will redirect you to Download Mode.
4. Now connect the device using the OEM or stock USB cable
5. Launch Odin as administrator and wait until it detects your phone.
6. Wait until ID:COM port on Odin turns blue, which shows a successful connection.
7. If ID:COM port doesn’t turn blue, then make sure device drivers are not properly installed. Re-install the drivers to fix this issue.
8. Now click on AP button on Odin.
9. Browse and select the firmware file.
10. Click on Option tab on Odin and make sure ‘Auto Reboot’ & ‘F.Reset Time’ options are checked.
11. Hit the Start button of Odin and let the installation begin. When installation finished, a ‘PASS!’ message will appear on Odin window.
12. Then device will reboot automatically.
Enjoy the latest version of Android Marshmallow on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge.
The first boot will take extra time initialize the system, so be patient.
Refer to the guide given below if you encounter issues like bootloop, overheating, lagging, etc. With the help of this detailed guide you can easily perform a data factory reset via stock recovery.
Comment section below is for your valuable queries. Please like and share us on social platforms