The search giant Google has started rolling out the consumer version of Android 7.0 Nougat. Google officially announced the OTA roll out for the following devices:
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 9
- Nexus Player
- Pixel C
- General Mobile 4G (Android One)
Google already delivering the OTA updates for the Developer preview devices but the devices running on Marshmallow need to wait for a little more. According to Google it could take weeks for everyone to get the OTA.
For those who have not received the OTA update yet, here we are giving the links to download OTA for Android Nougat update. What you need to do is, simply flash the files on your device without worrying about data lost but you should perform a full backup of your device data just for the safe side. The factory images are not available yet, so we’ll also publish them as soon as they’re available. However, the factory images will wipe all your device data.
The available OTA images are complete images, not incremental files. You can easily sideload them through ADB and flash on your device. There is no need to unlock bootloader for this unlike as you would do for other factory image. Download the OTA update from the links given below and follow the instructions carefully to flash Android Nougat on your device.
Android Nougat OTA Downloads
The OTA download links for all Nexus devices are not available right now. We will add the links once they available. Download the OTA file for your device from the links given below:
Huawei Nexus 6P | Nougat OTA | NRD90M
LG Nexus 5X | Nougat OTA | NRD90M
HTC Nexus 9 | Nougat OTA | WiFi
Nexus Player | Nougat OTA
Pixel C | Nougat OTA | NRD90M
- Make sure you have installed the appropriate Nexus drivers on your PC. You can also take help of our drivers page.
- USB Debugging must be enabled on your device. Follow these instructions to enable it.
- You device should be on stock firmware without any modifications just to avoid boot loops.
- Install the latest version of ADB on your PC. Grab the latest version from our archive.
How to Flash Android 7.0 Nougat OTA on Nexus devices
1. Make sure the ADB version installed on your PC is the latest one. If not, then follow the archive link given above to download and unzip it on your PC.
2. All the OTA links are listed in the download section above, pick one OTA zip for your device and rename the file to update.zip for your convenience.
3. Transfer the update.zip file to ADB folder in your PC.
4. Use the usb cable to connect the device to PC and make sure the device is detected. If your PC is not detecting the device, try reinstalling the device drivers on your PC.
5. Open ADB folder and launch a command prompt window / terminal window by pressing Shift + Right click on any empty area inside folder, and select Open command window from the context menu.
6. Reboot the device into recovery mode. Push the following command:
adb reboot recover
7. Once the device boots into the recovery mode, press VolumeUp for a second, and release it. Now you should see the recovery menu.
8. From the recovery menu select “apply update from adb”
9. Push the following command from a command window on your PC.
adb sideload update.zip
10. Wait for few minutes until the flashing process is completed and then disconnect the device from PC.
11. Once the process completed, go back to recovery menu and reboot the device.
The device will take longer than usual to boot on Android Nougat, because it’s a first boot, so patient until the device boots completely.