Samsung has been rolling out the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for it’s mid range Android devices for some weeks now, last month Samsung released the update for Galaxy A7. Samsung Galaxy A7 comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop preinstalled but now finally we have the long-waited OS to update Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
India and United Arab Emirates users have already been receiving the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update to their Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD and soon the same update will hit the other countries and region. If you are a owner of Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD which is still running the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop then it’s a right time to check the availability of the update manually by going to Settings >> About device >> Software update.
However, if you have not received the latest update yet, then you can download and install the stock Marshmallow firmware yourself to enjoy the latest update right away.
If you flash stock firmware on your device the device warranty won’t void. Please note that all the steps mentioned in this guide are meant only for Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD. In order to upgrade your device to the latest firmware successfully, follow all the instructions carefully.
Before starting with this guide to update Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD to Android Marshmallow, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Download and extract the Odin 3.10 zip file on your PC.
- Download and Install the latest USB Drivers or Kies on your PC.
- Turn on USB Debugging of your Galaxy A7.
- Fully charge your device or at least to 70% battery level.
- After installating the Marshmallow update you need to perform a daat factory reset, so take a complete backup of your device data before proceeding.
Download Android Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD
Following firmwares can be easily installed on any unbranded Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD. More firmwares will be added to the list as soon as they become available.
United Arab Emirates
- A710FXXU1BPG6_A710FOJV1BPG4_XSG.zip | 1.45GB Packed Size
Update Galaxy A7 SM-A710FD to Android Marshmallow
1. Download the packed firmware and unzip it to get the actual file .tar.md5 extension.
2. Boot Galaxy A7 to Download Mode:
- First turn off the device
- Press and hold VolumeDown+Home+Power keys for 3-4 seconds
- You should see the warning message screen
- Press VolumeUp key to continue to Download Mode
3. Launch Odin tool as administrator.
4. Connect the device to PC using stock USB cable.
5. Wait until Odin detects your device, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn blue and “Added!” message will appear in the log.
6. Click AP button on Odin and select the firmware file.
7. Uncheck everything in Options tab of Odin except ‘Auto-Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’.
8. Click Start button on Odin to start the firmware installation. It might take little longer to complete the installation, so wait patiently.
9. When the installation of firmware completes, you’ll receive PASS message on Odin, which indicates a successful installation.
10. Once the device booted up properly, you can enjoy the freshly installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy A7.
In case you have issues like bootloop, slow performance, device overheat and force close issue in any app after installing the Marshmallow firmware, you should try a data factory reset through stock recovery using this tutorial.
If you encounter any issue i.e. bootloop, lag, overheat, force close issue in any app after installing the Marshmallow firmware, try a data factory reset via stock recovery.
Feel free to drop your queries in the comment section below.