Samsung Galaxy A7 was first launched in 2014 running Android 4.4.4 out of the box, recently received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. A7 was the successful part of Samsung’s Galaxy A lineup of smartphones. After the great success of A7 the Korean giant launched a newer version of Galaxy A7 in December 2015. The 2016 version of Galaxy A7 came with Android Lollipop out of the box and users were hoping to enjoy the Android Marshmallow update as early as March. It came with delay, but at least it’s been delivered.
Users who own Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A710F (2016), can now explore the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features on their devices right now. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA is started rolling out in the countries like Turkey, Russia, Ukraine. If your country/region name is not listed then don’t worry, you can still update Galaxy A7 SM-A710F (2016) to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware manually.
You must be excited about the latest features that comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, here some major features below:
- Minor tweaks in the UI.
- Faster performance.
- Enhanced security.
- Some new features in the app drawer like advance search and quick scrolling.
- Google Now on Tap can now be turned on by holding the Home button.
- Two new power management features, Doze and App Standby.
- More rights to manage 3rd party app permissions.
Download Marshmallow for Galaxy A7 SM-A710F
OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Release Date: September 07, 2016
Marshmallow Firmware Download Links
The list will be updated with new firmwares as soon as they are available.
- Download and unpack the zip file of firmware to get the original firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download and unpack Odin 3.10.7 zip file on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F:
- Go to Settings >> Developer options >> Enable USB Debugging
- Take a complete backup of your device data and installed apps as a precaution.
- Make sure your device is 100% charged (or at least 70%).
Update Galaxy A7 SM-A710F (2016) to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
After you have successfully completed the preparations for flashing the firmware, you can follow the installation steps.
1. Boot your Galaxy A7 into the Download Mode:
- Turn it off and then press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys altogether for few seconds.
- When you see the warning message screen, release the keys and then press the Volume Up key to get into the Download Mode.
2. Connect your device to PC using the original USB cable. Once the device is detected by PC, Odin will indicate you with the “Added!!” message in the log box and ID:COM port will turn blue.
3. Click the AP button in Odin, browse and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
4. Click Start button to begin with the firmware installation.
5. Wait until the process finished and when it completes, Odin will show a PASS! message.
6. Finally your Galaxy A7 will reboot automatically.
Note: The first boot after updating a new firmware takes more time. So be patient and wait for about 5 to 10 minutes.
When the device boots up normally you will be able to explore Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F.
If you are facing any issue or your device does not boot properly even after 10 minutes, try data factory reset via stock recovery. Follow the instruction to perform factory reset via stock recovery in the following tutorial.
Submit your feedback via comment section below. Like and share us on social platforms.