When it comes to picking a mid-range smartphone of premium build quality and powerful features, Samsung Galaxy A7 series is the best option. This phone was launched back in February 2015. The Korean giant OEM launched this smartphone to capture the market of mid-range users who like to enjoy latest advance features at an economical price.
Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700H was first came with Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box and then later updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Most of the A7 users have already gave up hope for Marshmallow update to be released for A7, suddenly Samsung surprised them by rolling out Android 6.0.1 OTA in Uzbekistan.
It’s a good news for all A7 users that Marshmallow firmware is up now and the best thing is this that it’s unbranded, so now it’s more easy to install it on any Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700H except for the carrier/operator locked variants. Follow the steps below to install stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on the Galaxy A7 SM-A700H manually via the most trusted flashing tool Odin.
Please note that the firmware and all the steps mentioned below are meant only for Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700H. In order to upgrade the device to the latest firmware successfully, read and follow the instructions carefully.
Thing you will need
Before starting the procedure to update Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700F to Android Marshmallow, you need to arrange and setup few things given below:
- Download and extract the zip file of Odin 3.10 on your PC – The firmware flashing tool.
- Download and Install the compatible USB Drivers or Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your Samsung Galaxy A7.
- Charge the device to at least 70% battery level.
- Data factory reset need to performed after the installation of Marshmallow, so perform a full backup of your device data and apps.
Download Android Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy A7 SM-A700H
Below is the link of 1.32GB packed firmware file which can be installed on any unbranded Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700H. More firmware will be added to the list as soon as they become available.
Update Galaxy A7 SM-A700H to Android Marshmallow
1. Download and unpack the firmware file on your PC, you’ll get file with .tar.md5 extension.
2. Boot Galaxy A7 into Download Mode.
- Turn off the power of device
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home and then Power keys for few seconds
- A warning message with yellow examination mark will appear on screen
- Press Volume Up key to get into the Download Mode
3. Run Odin tool as an administrator and connect the device to PC using stock USB cable.
4. Odin should detects your device, you’ll see ID:COM on Odin turn blue and “Added!” text will appear in the log box.
5. Click AP button on Odin, navigate and select the firmware file.
6. In Option tab on Odin, make sure ‘Auto-Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ options are checked. Uncheck everything else.
7. Now everything is setup and you are good to go. Click Start button on Odin to start the installation of firmware which you have selected in the AP slot. Be patient the process might take a few minutes to complete.
8. Once the firmware installation completed, Odin will show a PASS! message, which indicated a successful installation.
Once your device boots up completely, you’ll be able to enjoy the freshly installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy A7 SM-A700H.
If you are facing any problem i.e. bootloop, lag, poor performance, overheat and force close issue in any app, perform data factory reset through stock recovery.
That’s all! Feel free to share your experience with us in the comment section below. Please like and share us on social platforms.