Samsung released its first full metal body smartphone back in February 2015 named Galaxy A7. This mid-end smartphone come with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) out of the box. It gain popularity worldwide due to its premium quality, luxurious design and 5.5 inch FHD Super AMOLED display.
In last year November Galaxy A7 received the official OTA update of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Those who have been using A7 for a while now, must have already enjoying this update. But they are now waiting for the Marshmallow update to be rolled out for A7. So here is a good news for them, it’s finally here. Few days ago the Android 6.0.1 update for the Galaxy A7 started rolling out via official channel (OTA). According to the sources the roll out started from France and soon it will be reached other countries too.
But if you can’t wait for it to be reached to your country/region via OTA and want to enjoy this latest software update then right here a step-by-step tutorial is waiting for you to install the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy A7 manually.
The listed firmware is only meant for Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700F. Do not apply it on any other device and follow the steps carefully. If you have any doubts regarding the procedure so please feel free to clear them before starting with this guide. We won’t be held responsible for any kind of mishap that might occur during the whole procedure.
Some necessary preparations are required before you update Galaxy A7 SM-A700F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Download Odin 3.10.
- Download and install USB Drivers or Kies on your PC.
- Turn on the USB Debugging on your Galaxy A7.
- Charge your device to 70% or more.
- It’s a good practice to backup device data before attempting the installation.
6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy A7 SM-A700F
The firmware listed below says that it’s for France, but it can be installed on any other unbranded ones. You can install this firmware on your unlocked Galaxy A7.
More firmwares will be added to the list as soon as they become available.
Update Galaxy A7 SM-A700F to 6.0.1 Marshmallow
1. Download and unzip the firmware file to get file with .tar.md5 extension.
2. Switch off your Galaxy A7 and boot your device into Download Mode.
3. To do this, hold Volume-Down + Home buttons and then press the Power button. Keep pressing the keys for 3-4 seconds. A warning screen will appear with yellow exclamation mark, now press the VolumeUp button to get into the Download Mode.
4. Launch Odin tool on PC as an administrator.
5. Connect your Galaxy A7 to PC using stock USB cable.
6. If the device is connected properly, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn blue and you will see “Added!” message.
7. Now click on AP button and select firmware file.
8. Go to Option tab on Odin and make sure Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked.
9. Now hit the Start button on Odin to begin the firmware installation.
10. It will take some time, so wait patently.
11. You will see ‘PASS!’ message on Odin upon successful installation of firmware.
12. If you get ‘FAIL!’ message, read the instructions again carefully and try rebooting your PC and device and using a different USB cable and port.
Read this guide below for more information regarding firmware installation using Odin:
Once your device boots up properly, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware.
If you are facing issues like bootloop, lagging. overheating, force close, then you try factory reset though stock recovery using the tutorial below.