Samsung launched Galaxy A7 SM-A710F last year, it’s basically a premium mid-range smartphone. It features all the latest hardware like Exynos 7580 chip, which is a Octa-Core chip of Samsung, clock speed of 1.6 GHz with 3 GB of RAM. The phone launched with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop then later upgraded to Marshmallow. The Android Nougat update for Galaxy A7 has been launched recently by Samsung, which is quite rapid because usually Samsung don’t release new updates for non-flagship so early. But if you are still waiting for the latest update, you can use this step by step tutorial to update Galaxy A7 2016 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you are using non-rooted phone then it’s easy to upgrade to Nougat. And it’s obvious that we can’t wait so long for Samsung to get a taste of the latest version of Android. In this easy step by step tutorial I will show you the working methods for flashing stock-ROM on your Galaxy A7 2016.
1. Update Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA
This is one of the most common method of upgrading your Android phone. Most of the Android users don’t go for other methods and prefer to use this easy method to upgrade their Android devices. In order to update your phone using this method simply go to Settings >> About Device/Phone >> Software Update. But make sure you are using non-rooted phone because this method will not work on rooted devices. And if you are using rooted phone then follow the steps mentioned below to update your rooted device.
2. Update Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F to Android 7.0 Nougat via Odin
Follow the links and download the Nougat Firmware, all the links are listed below. I have also listed the country specific links for your ease.
Click on the link to download the firmware specific to your country:
While downloading the Firmware file, download ODIN flashing tool and Samsung USB drivers as well. Please note that this method will wipe all the internal data of your mobile phone. So it’s better to perform a full backup of your device internal data before proceeding any further, Link to perform backup is also listed here:
Before applying the listed steps of this tutorial make sure that your phone is fully charged or at least 70% battery juice. Secondly you have to enable the USB debugging manually from Settings >> Developer Options.
If you have downloaded all the necessary file, it is time to start the installation process.
Let’s start with the firmware installation process now:
1. Install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC, if the drivers are already installed then make sure it’s in working order.
2. Now, extract the file which you have already downloaded from the link given above which includes file with .tar.md5 extension.
3. Switch to Download Mode by rebooting your Galaxy A7, to do this simply turn off your phone then press and hold Home+Volume Down+Power keys until a blue screen with an exclamation sign will appear, then press the Volume Up key. Now your device is in Download Mode.
4. Now launch Odin on your PC, and connect your phone to PC via stock USB cable.
5. In the upper-left dialogue box of Odin the ID:COM port will show up. And you will also notice “Added!!” in the message box. Then go to Options menu and make sure that “Re-partition” option is unchecked.
6. Now click the AP button, browse and select the Firmware file. Then hit the Start button and wait until the process complete.
7. The device will Reboot automatically right after the installation process is complete.
Now you can enjoy your updated smartphone!