LG V20 is one of the most popular Android smartphone powered by Snapdragon 820 with 4GB RAM. This powerful Android device is capable enough to replace your PC because it has hardware that is sufficient enough to perform almost all major operations. Not only this but you can also extend its capability by rooting it. But before rooting you need to unlock the bootloader of your device. So, today we will show you how you can easily unlock bootloader on T-Mobile LG V20 via Fastboot method.
This step-by-step tutorial is specifically for the purpose of unlocking the bootloader on T-Mobile LG V20 model numbers H918 and H830. We will use the easiest fastboot method to unlock bootloader on T-Mobile LG V20. The process of unlocking the bootloader will wipe your entire device. So, it’s recommended to perform a complete backup of your device data before proceeding any further. If everything is ready, follow the below steps carefully to unlock the bootloader on your LG V20.
- Open phone Settings >> Tap on About phone >> Tap on build number 7 times to enable the Developer options. Then go back to phone Settings >> Tap on Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download and install the Minimal ADB and Fasboot on your PC.
- Download and install the LG drivers for windows.
- Backup your device data and transfer it to the external storage because this process will format your entire device data.
- Make sure you device is fully charge before starting the process.
Unlock Bootloader on T-Mobile LG V20 (H918/H830) via Fastboot
1. Use the stock usb cable to connect the device to PC.
2. Click on ADB and Fastboot folder to highlight it >> Then press Shift + Right-Click >> Select Open command window here from the context menu. This will open command prompt window inside fastboot folder.
3. Push this command via command prompt window to reboot the device to bootloader/fastboot mode.
- adb reboot bootloader
4. Now your device is in fastboot mode. To check the connection status push the following command. If your device is connected then the command will return the serial number.
- fastboot devices
5. Now in this step we will push the following command to unlock the bootloader of your device. But you need to confirm the execution of this command by simply pressing the power key.
- fastboot oem unlock
Please note that the above command will format your entire device data. So, make sure you’ve backed up device data.
6. To check whether bootloader is unlocked or not, push the below command.
- fastboot getvar unlocked
7. You will get the “unlocked: YES” message which confirms that the bootloader of your device is unlocked.
8. Finally, push the below command to reboot the device.
- fastboot reboot
Congrats! You’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader on T-Mobile LG V20.