Galaxy Note 3 users are still waiting for the Samsung Official Android Marshmallow update but you experience the unofficial version of this latest Android flavor on your Galaxy Note 3 via AryaMod custom ROM. It’s a ROM port of Galaxy S7 for Galaxy Note 3 devices so that Note 3 users can also enjoy all the Galaxy S7 Edge features. In this ROM you will experience the latest version of Touchwiz with Galaxy S7 Edge user interface.
Several other customization options are also bundled with the latest version of Touchwiz. There are so many additional features available in the ROM, take a look at the feature list given below:
1. Version: Android M 6.0.1
2. Based on GALAXY S7 EDGE (SM-G935F) Official Firmware: G935FXXU1APD3
3. Note 5 features: Included
4. Supported variants: All snapdragon variants
5. Rooted: Superuser 2.74 (System Mode)
6. Optimized: Yes
7. Deodexed: Yes
8. De-Knox: Yes
9. Debloated: Yes
10. Sound Control: Yes
11. OTA Update: Allowed
12. Power Menu: Extended
13. Choose app to complete action: Enabled
14. Number of apps enabled in Multiwindows: All
15. Private mode: Allowed
16. Setting >> Display >> Outdoor mode toggle: Enabled
17. Setting >> Display >> Touch key light duration: Enabled
18. Device Status Official: Enabled (SysScope Removed)
19. Added ListView animation in Settings>Display
20. Settings >> Display >> ListView animation: Added
21. Settings >> About Device >> Software info >> Changelog: Added
22. App drawer >> Smart Manager icon: Enabled
23. Torchlight: Added
24. Messaging App: Modded
25. Volume Warning on Headphone: Disabled
26. Samsung Sound Alive 4.0 (Select in Aroma): Ported
27. Settings >> Autostart management: Added
28. Settings >> Display >> LED indicator: Added
29. Settings >> Development option >> Animation scales >> Animation scales array: Increased
30. Control >> Phone mods >> Advanced function menu: Added
31. Gray status bar in power saving mode: Removed
32. Settings >> About device >> Software info >> ROM info: Added
33. Multiwindows: Added
34. Floating message: Added
35. Omni switch multitasking app: Included
36. UPSM Manager: Added
37. GalaxyIconThemer: Added
38. 1000+ custom fonts: Included
And much more…
This is just a glance of available features in the ROM. Visit XDA for more information. You will surely feel like a power user after using all the customization option in the ROM. Hurry up, give it a try!. Follow the instructions of this step-by-step guide to install it in your device.
But before starting with this guide, make sure you have Galaxy Note 3 with a pre-installed latest custom recovery.
This ROM is only compatible with Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. Do not try to install it on any other device or variant. We at DroidCosmo are not responsible for any harm to your device while executing the listed steps.
Download and extract the latest version of Odin on your PC.
- hlte_SM-N9005XX / N9005XXUGBPB2 / BL_N9005XXUGBPB2_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5
Download this bootloader file on your PC. We will use Odin to flash this bootloader on your device.
- hlte_SM-N9005XX / N9005XXUGBPB1 / CP_N9005XXUGBPB1_MODEM.tar.md5
Download this Modem file on your PC. We will use Odin to flash this Modem file on your device.
- AryaMod V4 S7Edge Port
This is the AryaMod V4 S7 Edge Port ROM zip file, download and transfer it to your device storage.
If Odin does not recognize your device then download and install USB Drivers on your PC.
- Kernel (Marshmallow Compatible)
Download this zip file and transfer it to your device. We will use a custom recovery to install this MM compatible kernel.
Steps To Install Galaxy S7 Edge Marshmallow ROM Port on Note 3 (SM-N9005)
Step 1. Download AryaMod V4 S7 Edge Port ROM zip file and transfer to your device.
Step 2. Download MM compatible kernel idleKernel-hlte-eur-7.1.0-mmport.zip file and transfer to your phone’s storage.
Step 3. Now boot device into Download mode. (Press and hold these key for few seconds Power + Volume Down + Home)
Step 4. Download Odin from the link given above then launch Odin window on PC.
Step 5. Connect device to PC using usb cable.
Step 6. Wait for Odin to recognize your device, if failed download and install the USB drivers from the link given above.
Step 7. Click AP/PDA button on Odin browse and select BL_N9005XXUGBPB2_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5 file.
Step 8. Click CP/Phone button on Odin browse and select CP_N9005XXUGBPB1_MODEM.tar.md5 file.
Step 9. Now hit the Start button on Odin and wait for few mins.
Step 10. A green box with PASS message will appear on Odin and your device will reboot automatically.
Step 11. Now switch to Recovery mode by rebooting your device. To do this, Turn Off the device >> Press and Hold these keys for few seconds (Power + Volume Up + Home).
Step 12. In custom recovery menu select Wipe >> Advance Wipe >> check Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System. Swipe where appropriate to confirm the action.
Step 13. Go back to custom recovery main menu select install option, browse for the Marshmallow kernel zip file and then select Add zip and now browse for the ROM zip file. Swipe where appropriate to confirm the action.
Step 14. Reboot to system. First boot may take longer than usual.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the S7 Edge ROM port on your Note 3. Enjoy the latest Touchwiz with S7 Edge user interface on your Note 3 and explore the additional customization features. Customize your Note 3 according to your need and taste the sweetness of Marshmallow on your phablet.
Share your experience about the ROM with us in the comment section below. Feel free to let us know if you have any issue while installing the ROM on your Note 3. We will try our best to fix it.