Honor 5X is the latest release of Huawei that offers good performance in the budget segment. Huawei Nexus 6P and Mate8 were the two great successful series and now it seems that Huawei wants to capture the major share in smartphone industry of all over the world. With the vision to expand its business globally, they have launched Honor 5X in many countries simultaneously including USA, India and European countries.
This affordable device has a premium design with all metal body. Honor 5X powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 616 CPU with RAM of 2GB & storage of 16GB that can be expended to 128GB with microSD. The 3,000mAh battery is equipped with SmartPower power saving feature, that allows to squeeze out a little extra battery juice and helps to extend battery life up to a day on normal usage. Its 13 MP back-camera has an f2.0 aperture while the front-facing 5MP camera has an f2.4 lens. It also has a fingerprint sensor on its back that will also improve with time.
Honor 5X performance and specifications are reasonable for a budget user. But if you don’t like its EMUI, Huawei’s customized Android skin for Honor 5X then you can root your device to customize it according to your need. Here are the step by step instructions to install TWRP and root your device.
Step to Unlock, TWRP and Root Huawei Honor 5X
- Go to EMUI global website: http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php…nload&mod=list
- Then Click on Unlock Bootloader.
- Sign in to Huawei ID. (Enter this * # * # 1357946 # * # * in dial-up to get the product identification code)
- Click on Accept unlocking agreement.
- Type information of the device and click on Submit to get the unlock code.
- Now go to device Settings >> About phone and tap on build number until a toast appears saying that you are a developer.
- Go back to main settings, tap on developer options and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
- ADB and Fastboot should be installed on your device.
- If ADB and Fastboot is not installed on your PC then follow this guide to install it: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows
- Plug in your device to PC using stock USB cable, then push the following command in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot window:
adb reboot bootloader
- The above command will boot your device into bootloader, now push the following command:
fastboot oem unlock 2361711351147413 (use your device unlock code)
- In the above command replace the numbers with the unlock code of your device.
- Note: Make sure you backup everything before executing the above command because it will wipe all your device data.
- Turn on your device and set it up.
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download TWRP recovery image file from the download link given above and then transfer it to Minimal Fastboot and ADB folder.
- Again boot your device into bootloader by using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Push the following command to flash the recovery image on your device:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_kiwi.img
- Then push this command to reboot your device:
Root Huawei Honor 5X using SuperSU
- Download and transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device.
- Now boot your device into recovery mode by typing following command:
adb reboot recovery
- The above command will boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- In TWRP select Install and locate SuperSU zip file then swipe where appropriate to confirm the action.
- Finally reboot to system.
To check you have successfully rooted your Huawei Honor 5X, download and install the root checker app from Play Store.
Feel free to share your experience with us in the comment section below. Please like and share us on social platforms.