By rooting any Android phone or tablet, you can take advantage of its powerful capabilities to boost the performance via root apps, custom mods, and ROMs. At DroidCosmo, we keep publishing rooting tutorials for you so that you can easily achieve root access on your devices. Yesterday, we’ve published a guide on rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7″ SM T280. And today we come up with a new tutorial in which you will learn how to root Galaxy Tab A 10.1 WiFi SM-T580 (2016) and install TWRP recovery.
If you root Galaxy Tab A 10.1 WiFi SM-T580 (2016), the KNOX counter will be flagged or tripped and void its warranty. All the steps of this rooting guide is twice tested and verified, but we do not take any responsibility for any mishap. If you follow the instructions to root Galaxy Tab A 10.1 carefully, everything will be fine. First read the complete tutorial and make preparations before starting the rooting process.
- Download and unzip the Odin 3.12.3 zip file on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. If the USB drivers are already installed then just make sure that they are in working condition.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580:
- Download SystemMode SuperSU package and transfer it to your device:
- Turn on the USB Debugging and OEM unlocking of Galaxy Tab A:
- From Settings >> Developer options
- Turn on the Developer options if its not already switched on:
- From Settings >> About >> Build number (Tap it 7 times)
- Perform a complete backup of your device data including log, apps and media.
- Make sure your Galaxy Tab A is fully charged.
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab A 10.1 WiFi SM-T580 & Install TWRP Recovery
1. Boot Galaxy Tab A into Download Mode:
- Switch off the Tab
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home +Power keys simultaneously for few seconds
- On warning screen, press the Volume Up key to get into the Download / Odin Mode
2. Browse Odin folder and execute the Odin3.exe file as administrator.
3. Connect the Tab to PC via stock USB cable.
4. The Odin ID:COM port will turn blue on successful connection.
5. Click Odin ‘Option’ tab and uncheck the ‘Auto Reboot’ checkbox.
6. Click AP button in Odin, browse and select the TWRP recovery file:
7. Click the Start button to begin with the installation process.
8. Once TWRP successfully installed, you’ll see a PASS!! message in Odin.
9. Unplug the Tab from PC, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power keys altogether. When you see the Samsung logo, release the Power key but keep the Volume Up and Home keys pressed until you get into the TWRP recovery.
10. In TWRP, tap on Install button, browse and select System Mode SuperSU file and install it:
11. Once SuperSU installed successfully, select the Reboot >> System option.
When the Tab boots up, it will have root access and TWRP recovery installed on it.
You’ve successfully root Galaxy Tab A 10.1 SM-T580 and install TWRP recovery. Now you can easily enjoy all the root apps, custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 SM-T580.