Galaxy S6 is the latest flagship device unveiled recently by Samsung. In the past few years Samsung has delivered a good range of smartphones and done a really good job with its lineup series of Galaxy S. There is no end of technology in this fast-paced world. And new Android devices are coming day by day. Galaxy S4 was launched by Samsung in April, 2013. It has almost completed its two years and even after the release of its two successors, Galaxy S4 is still considered to be a high-end Android smartphone. There is no doubt that Samsung release the latest updates of its Android smartphones instantaneously. This is the main reason why so many people select Samsung over any other smartphone manufacturer.
In the same manner, recently some variants of Galaxy S4 have received the Official Lollipop update from Samsung. But in this post we are specifically concerned about the Canadian model (SGH- I337M) of Galaxy S4. And you must already know that if you upgrade your Android to a newer version, you might lose the root access.
If you have already rooted your Galaxy S4 SGH- I337M before the update, then it might have restored back to stock, and might have un-rooted itself. But, if your Galaxy S4 SGH- I337M had never rooted before and now you want to root it and try the latest Android Lollipop firmware on it, then simply follow this easy step-by-step guide. In today’s step-by-step guide of rooting, we are going to learn about how to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M (Canadian) on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware. In this detailed rooting guide, we will use the CF-Auto-Root package. So, no more further ado, let’s start with the basic requirements of rooting.
It is understood that you have to do some downloads and fulfil some basic requirements before starting the root process. Cross check everything before starting the process and set-up your Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M (Canadian) accordingly as follows.
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M (Canadian): CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.zip.
- Download the Odin flashing tool for your Galaxy S4 to flash the root file: Odin
- Download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your Windows based PC: Drivers
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S4 so that your PC can easily communicate with your device.
- To enable the USB Debugging, Go to device Settings >> tap on Developer Options, and enable the Debugging option.
- You can also learn more about how to enable Developer Options on Android devices by using this guide on: How to Enable Developer Options
- Last, but not the least, this process may take awhile so ensure that your Galaxy S4’s battery is fully or more than 70% charged to avoid any kind of interruption during the rooting process of your Galaxy S4.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M (Canadian) on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware
Once you have arranged all the pre-requisites, you are now ready to begin with the rooting of Galaxy S4. Just make sure that you apply all the listed rooting steps with proper attention.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S4, and reboot into the Download mode.
- To do so, first Power-off your Samsung Galaxy S4 and then press and hold the Vol-Down + Home + Power keys at the same time. Once you come across the screen of warning message, go ahead and press the Vol-Up key.
- Then extract the zip file CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.zip of CF-Auto-Root and open the folder on your PC in which you have extracted the CF-Auto-Root file.
- Now right-click on Odin executable file and left-click on ‘Run as administrator’ to launch Odin window in administrator mode of Windows.
- Use the original Samsung USB data cable which came with your Galaxy S4 to connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC.
- Now you should see one of the Odin COM ports light up. This shows that your Galaxy S4 and PC connected successfully. If failed then, try to reinstall the USB Drivers and restart your PC.
- Click on the AP button on Odin and select the extracted file CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.tar.md5.
- Finally, press the Start button and wait for few minutes.
- Now wait until your Galaxy S4 reboots.
Finally you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M (Canadian) on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop! Now it’s time for you to enjoy the advance user privileges which only a rooted Android device user can enjoy. To ensure if your Galaxy S4 has successfully been rooted, simply download this application and run it.
To make sure that your Galaxy S4 has successfully been rooted, download this app from Google Play Store and run it.
Download and Install from Google Play Store Root Checker