It seems like rooting is the forbidden apple of Bible for the Smartphone manufacturers because they always try to convince users that it’s a kind of crime just like breaking into a special forces facility. No matter how hard they try to pull together those security measures developers always find their way to get into the Android system. There is a great root tool launched recently named Ping Pong tool for Android Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge which can root the device without tripping the KNOX counter.
According to the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge users, this method is simple and easy. In this fully automated tool you just have to first install and press the Root it button and the reset will be take care by this magical tool. The support for the Verizon Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge has been added by the PingPongRoot Team for the build numbers G920VVRU1AOC3 & G925VVRU1AOC3 respectively. So, if you want to root your Verizon Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge device you can follow root procedure mentioned in this guide.
Rooting can be harmful for your device, if you done it wrongly and may soft-brick your Android Samsung Galaxy S6. But you can also bring it back easily by flashing the stock firmware. Please note that we shall not be held responsible for any kind of internal or external damage to your device of whatsoever, so kindly proceed with this rooting guide at your own risk and understanding.
Prepare Your Android Samsung Galaxy S6 Device
- Charge your Galaxy device to above 70% to avoid any kind of interruption during the process.
- Take a complete backup of your device storage, so if anything goes wrong, you can easily restore back your data.
- Follow this link to download the PingPong Root tool –> pingpongroot_beta6.apk
How To Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- First download and install the pingpongroot_beta5.1.apk from the above link on your device.
- Launch the app, it will install the SuperSU app on your device automatically. Once the SuperSU is installed on your device, tap on Open to activate it.
- When you open the SuperSU you will get an error message and exit back to PingPong Root. Don’t worry this is the normal runtime routine.
- After that, hit the Get root button, and grant the permission to the app.
- Note: If the device reboots automatically then try the process once again.
- Manually reboot the device once the process finished and have successfully rooted your device. After the reboot uninstall the PingPong Root app.
That’s all, you have successfully rooted your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge. Download the Root checker app from the play store to check the status of root.