The Octa-core Exynos based Galaxy Tab S 10.5 one of the popular iteration by Samsung released back in the mid of 2014 running Android v4.4.2 out of the box. In the end of 2015 this 10.5 inch giant tablet received the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update. And after a long delay the Korean OEM finally released the Marshmallow OTA update for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE SM-T805.
Last month in Germany the users of the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE have already received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update (build version T805XXU1CPH5). If you own the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 model then here is a good news for you, now you can also enjoy Marshmallow on your device.
The firmware in this guide is for Germany, but there is no country/region restriction, so it can be installed on any carrier-unbranded Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Features
It’s good to know about the new features that you would be able to experience after installing Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE, take a look below:
- The new Marshmallow update brings lots of UI improvements with enhanced security features.
- Quick scrolling and Search bar (to find apps faster) are the two new features included in the redesigned app drawer.
- Pressing and holding the Home button can enable the Google Now on Tap. So now you can view the contextual content and features whenever you want.
- With improved battery performance the general performance is also better. And the credit goes to the new Doze and App Standby features that kills the background services and network connection when device is idle.
- Moreover, now you can completely control any app permissions you want.
- You will also notice some major tweaks and changes in the UI.
- Model number: SM-T805
- OS Version: Marshmallow (Android 6.0.1)
- Country: Germany, India
- Product code: DBT
- PDA: T805XXU1CPH5
- CSC: T805OXA1CPH6
- Phone: T805XXU1CPH5
- Release Date: 24 August 2016
- Download the firmware file from the download section below, extract the the zip file to get the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin 3.10.7. Mac users can download the Java version of Odin tool.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers or Kies on your PC. You don’t need to download and install it again if it’s already installed on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Tab S 10.5:
- Settings > Developers option > USB Debugging
- Sometimes we need to hard reset our device after installing a new firmware to fix the boot loop issue. So it’s better that you should take a complete backup of your device data and transfer it to external storage.
- Make sure your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE is fully charged before you starting the firmware flashing,
Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE SM-T805
We have listed the links of only unbranded firmwares so that your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE SM-T805 can easily accept it.
The firmware installation steps of this guide is simple and easy but not completely risk-free. So please follow the instructions carefully and do not skip the necessary prep work. Follow the firmware flashing instructions at your own risk and feel free to clear any doubts you have regarding procedure.
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE SM-T805
If you are done with the prep work mentioned above then you are ready to begin with the tutorial to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE SM-T805.
Step 1. Download and unzip the Odin zip file to your PC and then double-click on the Odin 3.10.7.exe file to launch the Odin window.
Step 2. Boot your Galaxy Tab S into Download Mode:
- Turn off the Tab S.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys simultaneously.
- Keep the keys pressed until you see the warning message screen.
- Release the keys and then press only Volume Up key to get into the Download Mode.
Step 3. Connect the Tab S to the PC via original USB cable that shipped with your Tab S.
Step 4. Now look at the ID:COM port status, it should be highlighted blue and “Added!!” message in the Odin log. All these signs indicates that your Tab S is detected by your PC successfully.
Step 5. Now go to Options tab in Odin and make sure everything is unchecked except ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’. Select only these two options if they are not already checked.
Step 6. Click the AP button in Odin, browse and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
Step 7. Hit the Start button on Odin to begin with the instillation, and wait for few minutes until the installation completed.
Step 8. When the process completed, you will see a PASS! message on Odin and your Galaxy Tab 10.5 LTE will reboot automatically,
That’s All! Be patient and wait until your Tab S boots up properly.
Note: The first boot after flashing the firmware might take little longer.
If you encounter boot loop and your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE does not past the Samsung Galaxy splash screen even after 10 minutes, perform a data factory reset via stock recovery. Follow the link given below for doing the same.
Comments section below is for your valuable queries and in order to provide you better and quality tutorials we really need your suggestions and advices. So, please support us by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Goolge+.