Samsung finally launched the latest flagship line of its S series the Galaxy S7 Edge and every Galaxy fan would love to try the new loook and feel of S7 on their devices.Several Android enthusiasts and developers have already started working to port the latest features of Galaxy S7 to other Galaxy devices. So today we come up with the ported version of Galaxy S7 Edge ROM for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
There are many ported apps available on Play Store but putting it all aside we have something good for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge users. XDA senior member bulldog74ts has ported the official version of Galaxy S7 Edge ROM for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge devices which brings almost all the latest features of Samsung’s Galaxy S7 to your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. This latest ROM seems smooth and stable and the developer claiming that its completely major bug free. Team developers call it ‘Nobel ROM’ which basically brings the Galaxy S7 stock ODEX framework to the Galaxy S6 and its based on latest G935FXXU1APB6 firmware.
According to the stats collected from the major authority sites this ROM compatibility goes with only SM-G920F or SM-G925F model numbers, so its better not to try it on other devices or variants, else your device would be bricked. Let’s cut the ado here and jump to the section where we learn how to install this latest ROM on your Galaxy S6. TWRP custom recovery is the major requirement to install this ROM on your Galaxy S6 so make sure that the TWRP custom recovery is installed on your device.
- Noble ROM
Install Galaxy S7 Edge ROM Port on S6 and S6 Edge
- First download the ‘Nobel ROM’ from the download section above and move it to your Galaxy S6 internal storage.
- Now boot your Galaxy S6 into recovery mode.
- Switch off the power of your Galaxy S6 and wait until your device is turned off completely.
- Then press few keys like Power + Home + Volume Up simultaneously, hold until you see the Galaxy logo on screen and then release the keys.
- You must be entered into the main menu of TWRP custom recovery, now here you have to perform a complete nandroid backup of your device for the safe side. You can also read more about nandroid from here.
- Now, perform a complete wipe of your device because we are going to perform a fresh installation. In order to perform clean wipe of your device simply factory reset it and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- This is the main step, now we are going to flash a custom ROM. In the main menu of TWRP custom recovery choose the Install or Install from SD card option then choose the recovery zip file from the file manager.
- Once you have successfully performed the flashing process. reboot your device from the main menu option.
As the initial boot may take some extra time about 5 to 10 minutes, but don’t worry about it just relax and wait while Galaxy S7 ROM is booting on your Galaxy S6.