The Galaxy Grand Prime is a mid-range smartphone by Samsung. This was the most popular and best selling smartphone from the Korean OEM giant. In 2004 this popular series of smartphone was appeared in a range of variants. It was released running the Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box.
Back then Grand Prime SM-G530M model was specifically sold in the South American countries like Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Argentina. etc. Some models of the device have already received the Lollipop update, but SM-G530M has just started receiving the Android Lollipop 5.0.2 just a few weeks ago.
If you haven’t gotten your phone update and still waiting for the Lollipop OTA to hit your phone, then follow this step by step guide to Install Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M manually using Odin tool.
Please note that, make sure all preparation steps are completed and then follow the installation instructions carefully or you might get into trouble. The installation steps of this tutorial are twice tested and verified. So we don’t own any responsibility for any error during the installation or anything. All the listed firmwares below are only compatible with Grand Prime SM-G530M, so don’t try to install it on any other device or model. As we have already mentioned all the pros and cons, so proceed at your own risk.
- Download and unzip Samsung Odin3 v3.10.7 tool zip file.
- Download and Install compatible USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Grand Prime.
- Make sure the your device is fully charged and ready to use.
- It’s advised to perform a data factory reset right after flashing the Lollipop firmware to take your phone back to factory settings to ensure seamless functionality, so it’s a good practice to take a complete backup of your device data before attempting the installation.
Download Lollipop Firmware for Grand Prime SM-G530H
The firmwares links given below are listed in country/region order, but you can install it on any SM-G530M that is carrier-unbranded or locked to a specific network operator.
The list will be updated with new firmwares as soon as they are available.
Install Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M
1. Download and unzip the zip file to get the main firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
2. Boot Grand Prime into Download Mode:
- Switch off the device
- Press these keys Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously for few seconds
- When you see the warning message screen, press Volume Up key
3. Explore Odin folder and double-click on file with .exe extension to launch Odin window.
4. Connect the phone with PC using the cable that came with your device.
Note: Blue ID:COM port and “Added!” message in Odin log indicates successful connection. If you don’t get lucky in the first attempt and Odin doesn’t detect your device then simply reinstall the USB Drivers or replace the USB cable with another. You should also try rebooting your PC and device and a different USB port on your PC.
5. Click AP button on Odin, navigate and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
6. Click Option tab on Odin and uncheck everything except Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time.
7. Click Start button on Odin to start the firmware installation process.
8. You’ll receive a ‘PASS!’ message on Odin. This is the sign of successful installation.
Note: If you receive ‘FAIL!’ message, make sure you have performed the prerequisites steps carefully. We have already covered this topic in more detail under How to Install Official Samsung Firmware using Odin.
The device will reboot automatically after the installation is finish. Wait until your Galaxy Grand Prime boots up again. If you have done this before then you must know that the first boot might take little longer, so be patient. you’ll be acknowledge by Android Lollipop 5.0.2.
Once your Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530M boot up, you’ll be able to experience new flavor of Android. If you encounter bootloop or any abnormal behavior, try data/factory reset through stock recovery option. If you don’t know the procedure to data/factory reset your phone, follow the link given below.