It’s almost two years has passed since Samsung launched Galaxy S3 which now might have become considered an obsolete device nowadays. But there is no doubt that this Samsung’s best ever smartphone has also been the best-seller of all time. And just because of so much popularity of Galaxy S3, Samsung decided to continue the selling of S3 with different brands. Among all other brands Galaxy Neo is comparatively the latest smartphone that was launched in April 2014 by Samsung.
Both firmwares of S3 Neo are not carrier-branded which is one of the good thing about this device. In simple words, let suppose if your Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9300I is not carrier-looked to a specific network provider, then you can manually flash the provided firmware on it. In this way, your device is just a few clicks away from the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. Especially if you are feeling bored with the old Android 4.3, then it’s is the right time to update your S3 Neo.
Of course this 4.4.4 update is a long jump from the older Android 4.3 and it’s obvious to expect some great new changes and features after updating your S3 Neo. This latest update for the Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I brings a bundle of latest advance features, more improvements and enhancements.
We have listed few noticeable changes below:
- Samsung KNOX security
- Tabbed settings panel
- Expandable notifications
- New short-cut of Camera on lock screen
- Improved TouchWiz graphical UI
- User can set the default apps for messaging
- Home launcher and others
- New Screen turns off effects
- GPS toggle becomes Location toggle
- New Desk Clock tab in clock app
- The icons on status bar turns white when status bar become transparent.
- Google Now Experience
- System performance is now much faster
- Better battery life
Android 4.4.4 Firmware Download Section for Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I
As soon as more firmware becomes available, they will be added in the list. Firmwares listed below can be flashed on any GT-I9300I.
- Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I | Kazakhstan
- Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I | Hong Kong
- Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I | India
- Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I | Russia
- Galaxy Neo GT-I9300I | Trinidad and Tobago
How To Update Galaxy S3 GT-I9300I Neo to Android 4.4.4 KitKat
The procedure to install the Samsung firmware is so easy. What you need is just only a firmware file, flashing tool like Odin flasher, easy preparations and some mouse clicks. If you are not an expert Samsung user, or have never flashed a firmware on your device before, then go though the detailed steps below.
Carefully follow all the steps given below to land safely!
- Download and unzip the firmware file from the download section above.
- Download Samsung Odin flasher file and extract it using any unzip tool. Odin3 v3.09.zip
- Download Samsung USB drivers on your PC and install it.
- If Samsung Kies is already installed on your PC then you can skip the above step and continue but make sure one thing that Kies must be closed while you use Odin tool.
- Now enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3 Neo, to do so open device Settings >> About device >> tap on Build version approx 7 times in order to unlock the Developer options. Then go back to device Settings >> Developer options and enable the USB debugging.
- Right-click on Odin executable file then left-click on “Run as administrator” option to launch Odin in administrator mode of Windows.
- Power-off your Galaxy Neo, then press and hold the Vol-Down + Home + Power keys for few seconds. When the warning message appears on screen, press the Vol-Up button to get into the Download Mode.
- Now use the USB cable to connect your device to your PC.
- Wait for few seconds until the ID:COM port on Odin turn blue. This is the sign that your device has been detected by Odin successfully.
- After that, press the AP button on Odin.
- If your Odin version is older than the listed one then press the PDA button.
- Browse the folder in which you have extracted the firmware file and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now hit the Start button on Odin and wait till the firmware flashing process finished.
- Odin will display a PASS! message upon successful installation of firmware.
- Finally your Galaxy Neo device will automatically reboot.
- Now the only thing you need to do is to detach the USB cable and wait till your phone boots up in normal mode.
Congrats! Enjoy KitKat!