Whether you’re new to Android operating system or you’re just a seasoned pro, it’s worth knowing how to take a screenshot of your LG G5’s screen and share it, or archive it for safekeeping.
LG G5 is the Korean company’s flagship phone for 2016. There are several ways to take a screenshot on LG G5 but we’ll discuss two most commonly used methods. The first method is very simple in which you just need to press few keys to capture what’s on your phone screen. The second method is bit more fancy that let you type or doodle on the captured imaged before saving or sharing it.
So let’s start to find out how to take a screenshot on LG G5.
How to take a screenshot using button combination
One of the most commonly used method to take a screenshot on LG G5 is the key combination method — by simply pressing the volume down + power keys simultaneously. In other Android phones the power buttons normally located on the side but LG G5 has its power button on the back, so pressing it can be trickier as compared to other Android phones, but with a bit of practice it’s easy enough to perform this action.
Here’s a step-by-step instructions on how to take a screenshot using button combination:
1. First clear away any notification or floating apps and get the exact screen you want to capture.
2. Press the volume down + power buttons simultaneously. (It won’t work if you do not press the keys at the same time)
That’s how it works. The captured image will be saved to the “Screenshots” folder in your phones gallery.
You can also share it right away, find the screenshot notification in the notification tray, then tap on “Share” button.
How to take a screenshot using LG’s Capture+ app
Another easiest way to take a screenshot on the LG G5 is using LG’s Capture+ app. The shortcut icon of this feature normally located in the starting of the notification tray, but this may vary depending on the model of LG G5.
1. Clear away any notification or floating apps and get the screen you want to capture ready.
2. Now slide down the notification shade and tap the ” Capture+” icon.
3. You’ll see pen, eraser and text icons in the bar at the top, you can now type or doodle on your screenshot.
4. When you’re done editing, tap the top left corner checkbox to save your screenshot.
Your screenshot will be saved to the “Screenshots” folder in your LG G5 gallery.
Congratulations — you have successfully learned how to take a screenshot on your modular metal marvel LG G5.