Huawei Honor 8 is the latest iteration of Honor flagship devices. It is a perfect flagship device and definitely deserve Honor’s name for the flagship. It comes with best hardware components including the Kirin 950 Chipset with 4 GB of RAM and a fingerprint sensor which is customizable. Today, in this step-by-step guide we will learn how to root Huawei Honor 8 and Install TWRP and Xposed framework on it.
- In order to root Huawei Honor 8, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your non root device.
- Enable Developer options:
- Go to phone Settings >> About >> Tap Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB debugging:
- Go to phone Settings >> Developer options >> Enable USB debugging.
- Download and install the latest USB drivers on your PC.
- Download and setup the ADB tools on your PC.
How To Root Huawei Honor 8 and Install TWRP, Xposed
Steps to Install TWRP on Honor 8
1. Connect the device to PC using stock USB cable.
2. Now launch the terminal / command prompt window:
- Click on ADB tools folder to highlight it.
- Press and hold Shift key and then Right-Click on ADB tools folder.
- Click on ‘Open Command Prompt Window’ option to launch the terminal window.
3. On command prompt type and execute this command.
- adb devices
4. On your phone grant the permission.
5. Select the check box which says always allow debugging from this computer.
6. Execute this command to boot the device into fastboot mode.
- adb reboot bootloader
7. To check the connection between device and PC push the following command via terminal window.
- fastboot devices
8. Transfer the TWRP file with .img extension to ADB folder.
9. Push the following command code and wait for the process to be completed.
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-frd-modaco-rc1.img
10. Now reboot the device.
11. When your device boots up, launch the command / terminal window in the ADB folder and execute below command:
- adb reboot recovery
12. Your device will reboot into TWRP.
13. Do no make any changes to read/write, keep in read only and perform a backup.
14. To perform a backup go to TWRP main menu and select backup.
15. Select all the boxes and swipe where appropriate to perform the action.
16. Once done, enable read/write.
17. To do this, go to mount and uncheck the option which says mount system partition to read only.
Steps to Root Huawei Honor 8
1. Install SuperSU file, to do so, browse SuperSU.zip file directory, select the file and swipe to flash it.
2. Just do a reboot after flashing the file.
3. The device may restart more than one times, so don’t get panic and have patience.
4. Then finally you will have root access. You can verify the root status via root checker app.
Steps to Install Xposed Framework
1. Download and install the Xposed installer 3.11.
2. Download and transfer version 86 sdk23 arm64 to your device SD card.
3. Boot the device into recovery, via command prompt:
- adb reboot recovery
4. Now install the version 86 sdk23 arm64 binaries zip and reboot the device. Browse the sdk23 folder, then select it and swipe where appropriate to install it.
5. The first boot will take 5 to 6 minutes approx.
6. It is highly recommended to perform a complete backup of your device data from the recovery after this process.
Now your device is ready, you can download new modules and customize it according to your taste.