The recently started Beta program of Samsung has now finally ended. Samsung main purpose to start this Beta program was to test the Marshmallow builds of the TouchWiz UI for the Samsung devices like Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. There were so many users who got the chance to enrol to beta program and now they are enjoying Marshmallow build on their Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge devices. With the help of this guide these users can install the TWRP Recovery on their devices.
If you are familiar with the game of rooting then you must know about TWRP, but if you are new in this game then let me clear few things so that you can understand it in a better way. TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project is basically a custom recovery. As compare to stock recovery there are a lot more functions available in this custom recovery. You can easily perform so many things in custom recovery like you can make a nandroid backup, flash ROMs, Mods, restore backups, wipe data or any other partition of your device. TWRP is not just a recovery but a powerful tool for developers and Android Power users and it really makes the life of every Android enthusiast easier.
Without more ado, let’s start with this step-by-step tutorial.
If you are a regular reader of articles related with the rooting then you must have read the guide on rooting the Beta Android Marshmallow build on the Galaxy S6, the rooting method in that guide was a bit complicated as there was no support of custom recovery with Marshmallow was available at that time.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 with Marshmallow firmware installed
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S6 Marshmallow
- Download the TWRP Recovery file and Odin from the above link on your PC.
- If you don’t have USB drivers installed on your PC then download and install it from the above link.
- Now boot your Samsung Galaxy S6 into the download mode.
- To boot your device into Download Mode, turn off your device first.
- Then press and hold these keys for few seconds (Power + Home + Vol-Down).
- You should see the warning message on your phone screen.
- Now simply press Volume-Up to boot your phone into the Download Mode.
- Extract the compressed Odin v3.10.7.zip file on your PC.
- Double-click on Odin3 v3.10.7.exe file to launch Odin window.
- By using a stock USB cable connect your Galaxy S6 (which has been already booted into download mode) to you PC.
- Once device connected with PC, the box on upper left side of Odin will turn blue and log will display the Added message.
- If Odin fails to establish connection between device and PC then try to reinstall the USB drivers on your PC or try using different USB port.
- Extract the .tar file from the TWRP zip file.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the .tar file.
- Now hit the Start button on Odin to begin the process.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Once installation completes, the device will restart automatically.
Now press and hold Power + Home & Volume-Up keys just for few seconds, in order to boot your device into freshly installed custom recovery (TWRP). Once you get into the Recovery mode, you are now able to perform all available actions provided by your newly installed TWRP. But before performing any other action or flashing on it create a backup of your current ROM first.
How To Root Galaxy S6 with Marshmallow Firmware
- Download the SuperSU.zip file by clicking on the above link and then transfer it to your device storage.
- Switch/Boot your device into the recovery mode or TWRP mode.
- Once you get into the TWRP main menu, select Install zip and then choose the SuperSU zip file which you have already downloaded.
- Swipe to begin the process of Installation.
- Finally reboot your device.
Now you know how easy is to root Galaxy S6 using the TWRP recovery for Marshmallow firmware. There are so many advance features are available in TWRP custom recovery, so give them a try on your Galaxy S6 with Marshmallow firmware. The comment section below is for your valuable queries, so feel free to share your views regarding the installation process.