Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update has been started rolling out by Samsung, Galaxy A5 is one of the most popular mid-range smartphone device which is getting this latest update. Samsung Galaxy A5 was launched back in December 2015 running Android Lollipop out of the box and after about a year, Galaxy A5 has been getting the Marshmallow OTA update. If the major OTA is not yet hit your device and you are looking for a way to update your device with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow then here is the guide on how to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A5 SM-A500F.
By installing this major update manually via Odin, you can explore the latest features of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy A5 right away. All the firmwares listed below are carrier-unbranded, so you can pick any firmware even if your country/region is not listed. But make sure your Galaxy A5 is not SIM-locked, all the firmware listed below will work fine on SIM-unlocked devices.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Features
- Rich user experience, better performance, more advance security features.
- Doze and App Standby features for improved batter life.
- New app drawer and quick scrolling features with search bar to access apps faster.
- Google now on Tap an be turned on by simply pressing and holding the Home button.
- More intelligent apps rights management feature.
- Lots of other tweaks and improvements.
All the official firmwares listed below are twice tested and verified. The installation is very easy but you have to carefully follow the instructions described in this guide and make all the preparations. We are not liable for any kind of mishap that might occur during the whole process. So please follow the steps at your own risk.
You can easily install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A5 but few preparations you must make before proceeding further.
- Download any firmware of your choice from the download section below and then extract the zip file to get the original firmware file.
- Download and extract the Odin 3.10.7 on your PC.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Turn on Developer options: (If this option is already enabled then skip this step)
- Go to phone Settings >> About >> Tap Build number 7 times
- Turn on USB debugging on Galaxy A5:
- From phone Settings >> Developer options
- Perform a complete backup of your device data.
- Charge your Galaxy A5 to ensure at least 70% batter level.
Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy A5 SM-A500F
Below are the country wise firmwares links, pick one of the firmwares from the list given below:
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy A5 SM-A500F
1. Browse Odin folder and execute Odin3_v3.10.7.exe as administrator.
2. Boot Galaxy A5 into the Download mode:
- Turn off your Galaxy A5
- Press and hold VolumeDown + Home + Power keys simultaneously
- Release the keys when a warning message will appear on screen and then press the VolumeUp key to get into the Download mode
3. Use the stock usb cable to connect the device to PC. The ID:COM port will turn blue when a successful connection between device and PC is established. You’ll also notice a confirmation “Added!!” message in log box of Odin.
4. Click the AP button to browse the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension and then simply select appropriate firmware file.
5. Click the Start button in Odin to begin with the installation process. It will take few minutes to complete so be patient.
6. When the firmware flashed successfully, you will receive a PASS!! message from Odin and your device will restart automatically.
After flashing the firmware file, normally the first boot might take longer than usual so don’t get panic.
Stay calm and wait until your device boots up properly. If it takes longer than 10 minutes then try factory reset through stock recovery option to fix the boot loop issue.