In the mega event of Google I/O 2016, Google made a big announcement about the launch of its two new messaging apps called Google Duo and Google Allo. Google Duo – The simple video calling app, was launched a few months ago, and now Google Allo is also available for download at the Google Play Store.
Download and Install it from Google Play Store Google Allo
Download Google Allo APK Allo 1.0.006_RC18 (armeabi-v7a_xxhdpi).apk
Google Allo is shaping up to be a really beautiful instant messaging app and it’s a reliable communication platform too. We already using so many popular apps like WhatsApp, iMessage, and Facebook Messenger, but now it’s time for Google to prove that they are the best. No one can predict right now that the new Allo would be successful or not but if Google really wants to make it a viral chat and messaging app among users who are already addicted to other messaging apps, it needs to have something unique, something different, and more advance.
I’ve used Google Allo for few days, and the most interesting thing that impressed me most is the IQ level of the Google Assistant – A.I. virtual assistant, that really replies all your queries smartly and also offers relevant stuff on demand. Google Allo is a reflection of Google’s vision to bring ultimate A.I. messaging app to everyone across the planet.
Google Allo Tips and Tricks
Today we come up with some interesting tips and tricks of Google Allo to make your experience more enjoyable.
People usually concerned about privacy and security in a chat or messaging app. In Google Allo there is no such end-to-end encryption enable by default for all non-incognito messages and the app only store messages transiently and in non-identifiable form. But there is a secret way to keep chat messages private and secure from praying eyes. What you need to do for a end-to-end encryption chat is to start a chat in a new smarter way, Incognito Mode.
1. Tap New Chat.
2. Tap Start incognito chat.
3. You’ll see a list of the people you know who already downloaded Allo. Tap the name of the person you want to chat with or search for the person’s name or number.
4. Start incognito chat.
The incognito chat content will not appear in the conversation list and it will never show notifications like sender name, message content, etc. Moreover, you can also mute the notification tone for the incognito chat.
Incognito Mode: Expiry Time
In Incognito mode you can also set the expiry time for the incognito chat messages. In simple words you can select the time limit after which your messages will self destruct i.e. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, or never. Expiry time starts as soon as the message is read by the receiver. The expiry time limit is same for the sender and the receiver but you can select different timer each time you start a new incognito chat.
1. To set the message expiry timer in the Incognito mode simply tap the Timer icon (at the top right-corner).
2. Scroll to see the available chat expiration times.
3. Select expiration time.
4. Tap SAVE.
Contextual Suggestions in an Ongoing Chat
Google Assistant is Google’s latest iteration of AI-powered virtual assistant. It never sleeps so you can chat virtually with it anytime you want as it seems to be waiting for your queries and say something all the time. It’s capable enough to talk to you, can send a joke to you, you can get weather updates, it can Google anything for you, can rush you to your Gmail inbox, etc. The more you communicate with it, the more it will become better with time.
You can do more than just a chat with your AI-powered Google Assistant, it can easily be integrated within any single or group chat anytime. To do this,
1. Start a new or continue any old chat.
2. Type “@google” in the text input area.
3. Feel free to ask anything you want to know from Google assistant.
View, delete, or clear chat history
All the Allo conversations are stored on device and Google’s servers. It allows you to delete a specific chat, clear the whole conservation or the whole chat history only on your own device. The messages won’t be wipe out from the devices of the contacts you chatted with.
Delete a conversation:
1. Launch Allo.
2. Scroll to find the conversation you want to delete.
3. Tap and hold the conversation until a menu appears.
4. Tap Delete.
Delete a specific message inside any conversation:
1. Launch Allo.
2. Scroll to find the conversation from which you want to delete a specific message.
3. Tap on that conversation.
4. Tap and hold the message you want to delete.
5. A horizontal menu bar will appear at the top.
6. Tap Delete icon.
7. Tap Delete to confirm the action.
Clear chat history
Clear chat history option will only delete the messages within a conversation, it will not delete the conversation from the conversation list.
1. Open Allo.
2. Find the target conversation.
3. Tap the contact profile icon (at the upper-right corner).
4. Tap Clear history.
5. Tap Delete to confirm the action.
Block Contact or Mute Notifications
If any contact or an unknown number is bothering you, you can simply block them in Allo. But remember that, when you block someone, you can’t receive messages from them in a one-on-one chat. You can’t even add them to any group. Nor they can add you to any group.
1. Start Allo.
2. Tap the conversation of that contact you want to mute or block.
3. Tap the contact name or number on the top.
4. Tap the Mute On/Off toggle or the Block button.
Another shortcut to block a contact:
1. Start Allo.
2. Tap and hold the conversation until you see a menu.
3. Select Block option.
4. Tap Block to confirm the action.
Make Text larger and smaller on Allo
Google has introduced a very interesting shout-out-loud feature which you can use during the conversation. This new feature of Allo allow you to shout using the large-size text and if you want to whisper use the smaller-size text:
1. Tap on any conversation.
2. Tap on the text area.
3. Type the text you want to resize by tapping and holding the Send button.
4. A vertical slider will appear under your fingertip.
5. Drag your finger up to increase or slide down to decrease the text size.
Doodle: Draw on photos in messages
Drawing on photos and adding Text to them is another interesting feature in Allo. You can not only share photos in Allo, you can also doodle and add text before sending them.
1. Launch Allo app.
2. Tap on conversation.
3. Tap on “+” icon found on the text input area.
4. Now select an image from the thumbnail list.
5. Tap to add an image.
6. Tap the Edit icon.
7. Tap the marker icon, choose the color and doodle with your finger.
8. Now add text to the image, tap the text icon and type text on the image.
9. Once you’re done with the changes, tap the Send button.
Search messages by keyword
Allo is different from Google’s previous iterations like Hangouts, Google Talk and Google Chat. It has unique handy features like the search bar at the top of the Google Allo app is actually pretty useful. You can search for any texts in all messages, conversations or just within a single conversation.
Search all messages
1. Open Allo app.
2. Tap Search icon.
3. Type the keyword or phrase you’re looking for.
4. The list of results will populate with the query text highlighted.
Search within a conversation
1. Launch the app.
2. Tap the conversation you want to dig into.
3. Tap the profile icon (upper-right corner).
4. Tap Search.
5. Enter the keyword or phrase you’re looking for.