LG G6 is the first flagship phone by LG for 2017, announced in March. Like all other previous flagships, this one will also be receiving third-party developer support and obviously modders would want the maximum performance out of their device. In simple words flashing custom ROMs, kernels and other mods. Sometimes when things go wrong, installing back the stock firmware is the only option left to unbrick the device. And the good news is that we have that available for download now. So now you can freely flash to mods and ROMs to your favorite content, knowing you can go back to stock anytime. We have listed couple of working firmwares for the specific LG G6 variants compiled and shared by asialove2013. The steps to install them on your device are also listed for your convenience.
The display size of LG G6 is 5.7 inch QuadHD + IPS LCD with an unusual 18:9 aspect ratio. The idea is to deliver more real estate — which is about 80 percent screen-to-body ratio — in a compact form factor. LG G6 powered by a 2.35 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor packed with Adreno 530 GPU and 4GB of RAM. The default 64 GB of storage is expandable through a microSD card up to 256GB. Its camera setup consist of a 13 megapixel rear facing camera and a 5 megapixel front-facing camera. It runs LG UX 6.0 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat. And this device is powered by a 3,300mAh battery.
LG G6 seems quite attractive flagship with some advance features specially the unusual aspect ratio. This is not the first time LG has delivered something extra ordinary. LG has previously tried to deliver the best devices, but unfortunately the previous flagships haven’t really caught up with the masses.
Purpose of Flashing the Stock Firmware:
- You can unbrick your device
- You can fix some minor and major issues by Re-flashing the stock ROM.
- You can gain your device warranty by Re-flashing the stock ROM.
- Re-flashing the stock ROM can unroot the device to gain warranty.
Download LG G6 Stock Firmware
U.S. Cellular LGUS997
South Africa / ZAF LG-H87010f
Orange – France LG-H87010D
How to Install Stock Firmware on LG G6
2. Now install the LGUP .msi file on your Windows based PC.
3. Switch off the device and then press and hold the Volume-UP key.
4. While pressing the Volume-UP key connect the device to PC using a stock USB Cable.
5. Release the Volume-UP key when your device goes into Download Mode.
6. Launch LG UP tool on your PC that you just installed and select Upgrade.
7. Then select the appropriate KDZ firmware file.
8. Once it’s loaded, hit the start button and wait for the process to finish.
9. The device will reboot automatically once the process completes.
10. Normally the first boot may take some extra time so be patient and let it boot.