It took weeks and sometimes months to fulfill your desire of gaining root access on device variants from certain US carriers, like AT&T and Verizon. Some features locked by device manufactures on their devices because they don’t want users to access those features using the root access, their intention is to keep you away from bootloader unlocking so you won’t be able to gain root access on your phone.
If you have AT&T Galaxy S7, you must already know the fact that how how long it took for a perfect root method to arrive after the launch of the phone. As soon as any new working method came into AT&T’s knowledge, the carrier started pushing the updates to patch the exploit. This is the main reason many users bypass the OTA’s for fear of losing root. If you are one of those who are avoiding upgrading their AT&T Galaxy (SM-G930A) to the recently released PF2 version, there’s now a workaround for you.
XDA member, muniz_ri has modified a ROM through which you can easily upgrade your S7 to the latest firmware PF2 without loosing root. A good thing about muniz_ri’s ROM is that it’s not only deodexed but debloated too. In simple words if you install the ROM, you can easily get rid of all the stock apps from Samsung, AT&T and Google that eats up your resources.
G930A PF2 Stock DeOdexed Debloated ROM
Few details about the ROMs mentioned below:
- Step of this guide will not affect your Knox Warranty Flag.
- Following will be updated after applying the procedure of this guide:
- The installation process will automatically wipe all your device data, so don’t perform any wipe before installing this ROM. But it’s recommended to perform full backup of your device data.
- The debloated version of the ROM doesn’t have any Google, Knox apps. But you can install all these later manually.
All the steps in this tutorial are double-checked, but we can’t guarantee that it’s error proof. We are not responsible for any damage to your device, proceed at your own responsibility.
- Open Google Play Store, find and install FlashFire app.
- Download ROM: G930A_PF2_Stock_DeOdexed_Debloated_ROM.zip
- Download PF4 stock modem, recovery and bootloader file: G930A_PF2_Stock_Modem_Recovery_Bootloader.tar.md5
- Download Odin.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
- Samsung USB Drivers or Samsung Kies must be installed on your PC.
Install Stock Deodexed & Debloated ROM on AT&T Galaxy S7
- Transfer the G930A_PF2_Stock_DeOdexed_Debloated_ROM.zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Launch the FlashFire app, tap on Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap rounded button “+” twice to open the Actions menu.
- Tap Flash Zip or OTA option and select the G930A_PF2_Stock_DeOdexed_Debloated_ROM.zip file.
- Uncheck the Auto-mount under the Options menu and tap the checkmark to continue.
- In the main menu of FlashFire, uncheck all options under EverRoot.
- Set the Reboot settings to Download.
- When everything is set up according to the plan, simple tap the lightning bolt icon “OK” to start the installation.
- Once the installation is finished, your device will automatically reboot into Download Mode.
- Connect the device to PC via USB cable.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Click the PDA/AP button in Odin and select the G930A_PF2_Stock_Modem_Recovery_Bootloader.tar.md5 file.
- Then press the Start button in Odin to begin the installation.
- Your device will reboot automatically.
Note: During the flashing process of system partition through FlashFire, your device screen might turn black for a while. And after the flashing process through Odin of G930A_PF2_Stock_Modem_Recovery_Bootloader.tar.md5 file, the device will stuck at the splash screen of AT&T for about 10 to 15 minutes. This is the common behavior so don’t get panic.
If you encounter any issues or need further help in this regard, please use the comment section below.