The Galaxy S3 is Samsung’s another most popular flagship of its time. Galaxy S3’s Smart stay is the most prominent feature which got it many eyes. The perfect tag line “inspired by nature” Samsung set for the Galaxy S3 was the right decision which fits into every atom. There are number of reasons behind its attractive design and build. The projection quality of Galaxy S3 is delivered wonderfully with Super AMOLED HD display of 4.8 inch (1280×720).
But there is more than just display, its awesome rear camera of 8MP with zero shutter lag is best for capturing the moments of life and a front camera of 1.9 MP for smooth video calling experience. Galaxy S3 took inspiration from the nature around us. It comes in several colors like Pebble Blue, Marble white, Amber Brown, Sapphire Black, Garnet Red and Titanium Grey.
Even after all such great features, we see Samsung devices are still sidetracked with stock firmware. There no latest OTAs for all such devices, not only this but update button is also useless in some cases. Samsung Galaxy S3 is still waiting for an update since 2012. But thanks to crDroid for the good news. Now Galaxy S3 users can also enjoy the lollipop 5.1.1 flavor via crDroid.
- SlimPie Controls
- Heads up Customization
- Navbar (On/Off)
- Blacklist Option
- Power Menu also has the Sound Panel Option
- Ambient display (Kinda OmniROM Active Display)
- Superuser Indicator
- So many other useful features to enhance the user experience on Galaxy S3.
crDroid Installation Prerequisites
- This new crDroid custom ROM series based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware is specifically designed for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 3G Exynos chipset.
- Your Galaxy device should be rooted before proceeding further for custom ROM installation.
- The installation process of this custom ROM may wipe all your important data, so its highly recommended to backup your device data with TWRP recovery option.
- Samsung USB drivers should be installed on your PC, in order to establish a connection between your Galaxy S3 and PC. If USB device drivers are not installed then follow this link to download and install it on your PC.
- Make sure your device battery is juice up or at-least 80% charged, just in case to avoid any kind of interruption during the whole process or to avoid temporarily bricked in some cases.
- There is no doubt that installing custom ROM will improve the performance and UI experience of your Galaxy S3 but it will also void your device manufacturer warranty.
crDroid Installation Procedure
- Click on this link to download the crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM and click here to download Google Apps on your PC.
- Use the stock USB cable to connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 to PC, but make sure that the required device drivers for your S3 must be installed on your PC.
- Then, transfer the downloaded zip files of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and Google Apps to the internal storage / root folder of your Galaxy S3 SD card memory.
- Now, Switch off the device power and unplug it from your PC.
- Now switch to regular Recovery Mode by simply bypassing the normal boot mode. To do so, Press-Hold “Volume Up” + “Home” + “Power” keys simultaneously.
- After booting your Galaxy S3 into regular Recovery mode, clear the memory of your device, by selecting “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option.
- In this step select “Wipe Cache Partition” to clear the memory of cache then return back and select “Advanced” and then tap on “Wipe dalvik cache”.
- After that go back to the main menu of recovery and select the Install option for zips to install from SD card.
- Once the installation process completed successfully, restart your Galaxy S3 from the recovery option “Reboot System Now”.
- It will take 5 to 10 minutes for booting process to boot your Galaxy S3 I9300 into normal mode.
Congratulations! Now you have the latest and sweetest Android lollipop 5.1.1 on your Galaxy S3. If you have any queries do let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to share your experiences.
Cheers! Finally you have installed the latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 on your Galaxy S3. Comment section below is for your valuable queries, don’t forget to like and share us on social platforms.