The latest member of Samsung’s popular Note series, Galaxy Note 7 no doubt is the best smartphone of 2016. Many people have already enjoying its latest features, many are still planning to get it. Note 7 undoubtedly has the best specifications on paper, but it’s even far much better in real usage. This amazing device is powered by Exynos chipset, which is almost equivalent to Snapdragon 820, the crisp graphics, all backed up by 4GB RAM, and a excellent Quad HD screen to deliver the pixels.
In the beginning the competition was tough for the Galaxy Note 7 because the competitors were also giant OEMs like OnePlus, ZTE and HTC. But in the end Galaxy Note 7 took no time to beat the competitors. However, sometimes things go wrong. Losing or forgetting the lock screen password or pattern is the worst thing that can ever happen to someone with a Note 7.
If you have forgotten your Note 7 password, pin or pattern and now you are not able to get past the lock screen and have been searching for a solution, you’re at the right place because we have the solution for your problem!
There are two simple methods to recovery forgotten pin/password of your Galaxy Note 7. If Google’s Android Device Manager is already enabled in your Note 7, then you can recover your forgotten pin/password without losing your device data. However, if ADM is not enabled in your device then you have to lose all the device data.
Please note that the following method will also work on other Android devices.
Bypass Forgotten Pin/Password on Galaxy Note 7
Using Android Device Manager
1. Log-in to Android Device Manager website using the same credentials that you used on your Note 7.
2. Find your Galaxy Note 7.
3. Click “Lock & Erase” button.
4. Follow the instructions to lock your Galaxy Note 7. It also gives option to erase it, but right now we just use the lock feature.
5. Now, set a temporary password.
6. Use the temporary password to unlock your Galaxy Note 7.
You can now change or remove the temporary password.
Using Recovery to Factory Reset
1. Turn off your Galaxy Note 7.
2. Boot Note 7 into the recovery menu by holding down Home+Volume Up and Power keys altogether until you see a logo.
3. Use Volume keys to jump to the ‘Factory Reset/Wipe Data’ option.
4. Select the option using the Power key.
5. Next, you’ll see an option to select either yes or no, select Yes.
The process will take some time to complete. Once the process completed, your device will automatically reboot fresh, just like you got it out of the box.
That’s all! You have successfully gotten rid of the forgotten pin/password that was stopping you to use your new Galaxy Note 7. If you know any other method to bypass forgotten pin/password on Galaxy Note 7, share with us in the comment section below.