Official Android 6.0.1 update has started rolling out for few of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 models. Note 5 Cambodia Variant N920C is the first device which received the Official Android 6.0.1 update. If you wish to try Android Marshmallow on your N920C model bought from Cambodia then follow the steps of this guide to update your Note 5 manually only if you haven’t received it over the air (OTA). But before heading towards the steps, let’s take a look what’s new they are offering in Marshmallow update for Note 5.
What’s New They’re Offering in Touchwiz’s Android Marshmallow Update
The latest Marshmallow update brings Samsung’s internet browser version 4.0. The good thing about this newer version of browser it that it also supports the ad blocking plugin that were launched earlier. This new Samsung Internet 4.0 also capable to browse via Gear VR. Cross App is also one of the major new feature. Cross App basically allows you to operate certain apps from within other apps.
For example, launching the gallery or camera or direct jump to a link location via in-app browser in the messaging app. Further, it allows you to flick the in-app browser while its processing your page so that you can continue your texting while the page is loading in the background. Cross App concept is not new, so many third-party apps are already available on play store for the same job, Samsung is simply adopting this cross-app concept in its own apps.
Some other new advance features are the power-saving feature Doze, full control over app permissions, and the option to adjust audio speed when playing any video.
- Note 5 N920C model bought from Cambodia
- A PC
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Odin v3.10.7
Steps to Perform:
First make sure one important thing, that you have the Note 5 N920C purchased from Cambodia only. So please do not perform the listed steps on any other models. Other models updates will be added as soon as they are available.
- Get the firmware file (N920CXXU2BPB6_N920COLB2BPB6_CAM.zip) from the link above. Firmware file link will redirect you to Sammobile, provide the credentials to proceed further or Sign Up if you don’t have an account.
- Use any unzip tool to decompress the firmware zip file on your PC.
- Samsung USB drivers should be installed on your PC. If it’s not installed, then download and install it.
- Get the Odin v3.10.7 copy from the link given above.
- Use winzip or winrar to extract the Odin v3.10.7 zip file on your PC.
- Launch Odin v3.10.7 window on your PC.
- Switch to download mode by rebooting Note 5.
- Press and hold these keys for few seconds after rebooting your Note 5.
- Home + Power + Volume Down
- Use Samsung USB cable to connect your Note 5 to your PC, once your device is booted into Download mode and then wait for seconds until you see a blue sign in Odin window.
- Click on AP / PDA and the firmware file.
- In the options tab of Odin make sure re-partition is unchecked.
- Now hit the start button of Odin, and wait for few minutes.
- Reboot to system!
Enjoy the new flavor of Android on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Share your experience with us in the comment section below, feel free to mention if you have any doubts, we will be happy to resolve your issues. Also, let us know about your experience with new update on your device. Updates for other models will be added as soon as they are available.