The Samsung GALAXY Tab S is a powerhouse tablet device featuring all the top-notch specification expected from a smart tablet device. It was first launched it 2014 running Android KitKat out of the box. Later it received TouchWiz-based Lollipop edition in Mobile World Congress 2015 and few weeks later the official Android Lollipop OTA update started rolling out for Tab S users.
More than a year elapsed since the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 has received any major official OTA update. For those who own this powerhouse tablet and have been waiting since long for a software update to hit their device, now your wait is over because Samsung has finally started rolling out the Marshmallow update for Galaxy Tab S via OTA. So now you can also download and install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800.
The first official Marshmallow update for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 started roll out for the SM-T805 LTE variant and now finally the SM-T800 WiFi variant of the Galaxy Tab S has got it as well.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Features
Well, you must be existed about the latest features that you would be able to explore after flashing the Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5, take a look below:
- The latest Android Marshmallow brings lots of new features like better UI, improved performance enhanced security features.
- Now you can access the apps in new app drawer more rapidly with quick scrolling feature, plus it also has search bar feature to find apps faster.
- If you are a fan of Google Now on Tap feature then here is a good news for you, now you can easily enable the Google Now on Tap feature by simply pressing and holding the Home button.
- Cheers to those who are not happy with their battery performance because now battery life becomes more better via new efficient power management features. Features like Doze and App Standby that automatically kills the background services and network connection when the device is idle.
- You can now even manage the app permissions without rooting. Plus, you can turn off the app permissions which you don’t want an app to have.
- Moreover, there are some minor tweaks and improvements in the UI.
- Model: SM-T800
- Version: Android (6.0.1) Marshmallow
- PDA: T800XXU1CPHB
- Phone: T800UVS1CPHB
- Date: 06 September 2016
- Download the firmware package from the download section. Extract it to get the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download and extract the Odin 3.10.7 on your computer. Mac users can download the Java version of Odin.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers or Samsung Kies on your computer. If your computer already have drivers installed then skip this step but make sure that drivers are working properly.
- Enable USB Debugging in your GALAXY Tab S 10.5 T800 WiFi:
- Settings >> Developer options >> USB Debugging
- After installing a new firmware sometimes we need to perform a hard reset to fix the boot loop issue, so, perform a full backup of your device data/apps and transfer it to the external storage.
- Make sure your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 battery is fully charged before flashing the new firmware.
- Check and verify the model number of your Tab by going into Settings >> About device. It shoud be SM-T800.
Follow the steps of this flashing tutorial carefully and at your own risk.
Download Android 6.0.1 for GALAXY Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 WiFi
All the country wise firmwares links listed below are carrier-unbranded. In simple words you can download and install it on any Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 regardless of country/region.
Trinidad and Tobago
Install Android 6.0.1 on GALAXY Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 WiFi
You must have done with the prep work, now let’s head towards the procedure to install the stock firmware on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and upgrade it to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Follow all the steps carefully.
Step 1. Use any unzip tool to extract the firmware package to get the original firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
Step 2. Download and extract Odin.zip file on your PC, browse the extracted Odin folder and double-click on Odin 3.10.7.exe to launch Odin window.
Step 3. Boot the Galaxy Tab S into the Download Mode:
- Turn off the Tab S.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys altogether for few seconds.
- Keep the buttons pressed until you see a warning message on your Tab S.
- Release the keys and then press the Volume Up key to get into the Download Mode of Tab S.
Step 4. Use the stock USB cable that came with your Tab S to connect it with your PC. Make sure the Tab S is detected by the PC.
Step 5. ID:COM port in Odin will be highlighted blue and a “Added!!” message will appear in the Odin’s log box.
Step 6. Click the AP button in Odin, browse and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
Step 7. Click the Start button in Odin to begin with the installation.
Step 8. Now wait until the firmware is being installed on your Tab S.
Step 9. When the flashing process is finished, you will see a PASS! message on Odin and your Tab S will reboot automatically.
The first boot after installing the Marshmallow firmware will take longer than usual, so wait until the process is finished.
If your Tab S does not get past the Samsung splash screen even after 15 minutes, try to perform a data factory reset through stock recovery to fix the boot loop issue. Follow the link below to learn more about it.