Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update has been rolled out by Samsung for the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge devices. The update has many new improvements and bug fixes. Samsung have been working hard to deliver 6.0.1 Marshmallow update which is a major update released by Samsung. The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Marshmallow 6.0.1 update has been released recently. But if your device hasn’t received it yet, then follow this step by step guide to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge devices.
Sammobile is a famous Samsung blog, they always keep an eye on the latest firmware updates released for a complete range of Samsung devices. Now they have the latest firmware which will you need for your Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware
Make sure your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge device is fully charged or above 70% to avoid any kind of interruption during the installing process of Marshmallow update.
Additionally, it is highly recommended to take a complete backup of your device storage and transfer it to any other storage.
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow On Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge
The installation process of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update on the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge is very easy. But you should read the caution and don’t skip any of the listed steps.
- Once you have performed the data backup, power off the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
- From the download section above, download and install Odin 3.10.7 on your PC.
- Use any unzip tool to extract the firmware zip from the Marshmallow update file.
- Make sure that the Samsung USB driver are properly installed on your PC.
- Now, press these keys together to switch to Download mode (Power + Volume Down + Home)
- Once your device boot into Download mode, connect your device to your PC using a stock USB cable and launch Odin window on your PC.
- In Odin, click on AP button and select the Marshmallow firmware zip.
- Now hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process.
Read this comprehensive guide on installing firmwares on Samsung devices:
The firmware installation process will take some time to finish, so be patience. Once the process complete, your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge will reboot automatically.